.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Learning What and Who to Ignore!

Phil 3:13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.

We should all learn to know what to ignore, if you are going to live in victory, we have to learn to choose how to prioritize things and know what to ignore.  What thoughts to ignore, what comments to ignore, and most specially, who people to ignore.  Every battle that comes into our path is not a battle that we are supposed to fight. I believe it is God who should fight for you. So instead of battling that person, that comment, that thought, let God do the fight.  And to tell you the truth my friends, many battles are just distractions to simply delay us into getting our own victory in life. A good example of a delaying tactic of the devil is the story of Michael the Archangel who was supposed to go to Daniel, he got delayed along the way by fighting the devil along the way in a battle.

Let me tell you something, if that battle is not a God given destiny, I believe it should be ignored! That person in your office or work that always keeps getting into your nerve, that person posting in your facebook account who always makes unnecessary comments, people who makes a sarcastic comments. Don’t try to talk to them, don’t try to straighten them out, if you will do that, you will just waste valuable time and energy by stooping down to their level. Instead, you should be pursuing your dreams.  It is just a distraction my friend, ignore it! That family member that gives you a headache, ignore him/her, that neighbor who is gossiping something about you, ignore it! That boss or co-worker who tells bad stories about you, ignore it! That person who is not happy if you got something good, ignore it! You can try to prove something to them, but it will just frustrate you my friend. You don’t need their approval! You got God’s approval.  I will repeat it again my friend, you don’t have to fight every battle!

And I believe if we will focus on our goal and ignore things along the way, we could get to our goal as soon as possible. Just like in driving, if we keep on focusing on the potholes and the slow bumps on the road, the busses at edsa, the jeepney drivers, the person who has a better car or the one who cut you, we will just get frustrated; we will just get mad at them and lose our temper and patience. But if we keep on looking towards our goal or destination and ignore those distractions, I am sure you will enjoy the ride. I am not denying their existence here my friend, what I am saying here is that, let us learn to ignore and let things go.

A friend of my who is working with foreigners started to make fun of his accent and his nationality, he was like the joke every time he gets into their office, if he will try to prove something to these people, he will just get frustrated, he will just be irritated, but instead, he chose to ignore it, he chose to live in victory.

And just recently, I was talking to a person about my situation here, she kept on insisting that I was to blame on how slow my transition is, she kept on blaming me on the delay and processing, but I chose to ignore her comments, I chose to ignore her complains to me. Because I don’t want to get affected. If we will learn how to ignore these things, I am sure we are on our way to victory.  Always remember this my friend, what they say about you, doesn’t determine who you are. What they think about you, doesn’t say whose you are.  You are the child of the most High God! The creator of the universe! Learn to ignore those things!

Don’t waste your valuable time trying to win other people, don’t waste your time trying to please them, all you have to do is please our God and everything will follow.  There will always be critics and judge-mental(half judge, half mental…LOL) people around you.  And if you enter in that battle with them, I am sure you will never win, because it is a non-sense battle. Nobody wins in a non-sense battle, because non-sense silang mga tao…  And you just have to accept the fact that some people will never be going to celebrate life with you. Meaning, maiinis pa sila if you achieved something, or they will get bitter of what you got. And you will never satisfy them.  And that’s okay my friend, God will give you people who can celebrate that with you, the right people who can cheer for you and help you fulfill your destiny.

Even Jesus had problems with these so called Pharisees. Jesus healed people during His time, pero nagalit at nainis parin ang mga jologs na Pharisees sa kanya. Guess what Jesus did during His time, when He healed the sick, raise the dead, Jesus ignored His naysayers, His distracters, His offenders. Jesus chose not to listen to their negative comments and distractions. Because He knows that it will just distract Him from His original purpose or goal… Which is to give us VICTORY in life!!!

So what are you waiting for? Mang dead ma ka na ngayon! Now na! (Start ignoring now!)