.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Way or Your Way?

Isaiah 55:9-11 (King James Version)

 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I always encounter this verse at church and the first time I’ve heard this was when my friend from Therapharma  prayed this during our meeting. I didn’t know what he was praying during that time and thought that it was really odd. When I was starting up as a Christian, I just pray a memorized prayer and think of God as a genie that I pray to and wait for an instant answer or solution. But when I heard that prayer and reading it again and again, it hit me hard. I just realized that His way’s are really totally radically higher than our ways…

Now, have you been praying and waiting for God and have not received the results yet? There is this story in the Bible that “When Jesus heard that Lazarus was sick, He stayed where He was two more days.”  There is another translation that it said “Jesus sat down when He knew that Lazarus was sick or dead.” And I can’t imagine what would be the reaction of Lazarus family “Jesus, don’t sit down, when we need You most.”, Some of you might be saying now to Him, “Jesus, please don’t sit down when my money is low”, “Don’t sit down when my problems are big.” You have to realize this my friend. Jesus did not intended to just healed Lazarus, He intended to resurrect Lazarus from the dead! You may be thinking like this, you may be telling yourself that it’s over, you have failed and failed the exam, you have been denied several times a visa, you have been declared sick, you have been told that you will not succeed, you been told that you will not be promoted. Remove that thought and you have to know that there is a reason for a delay.

I have a friend here in the US and have been working as a C.N.A. (Certified Nursing Assistant) for some time now, he did some initiative on taking a college/master’s degree. And with God’s help, he was able to finish his degree, but the problem now is that, he can’t find any job or position that is suitable for his title. Mind you he has a Master’s Degree in Finance and still can’t find a good job here. But still he kept on pushing and believing in God. I can see in his eyes that he still has a passion to pursue his dream. He tried going back being a C.N.A. just to get some extra money for his family. But God gave him a vision, now he is starting a business, a business that will make him more financially stable than his colleagues, it took him several months/years to accomplish this dream, but without God’s help and His resurrection power, this wouldn’t happen.  And I would like to encourage you today whatever you are going through right now, your mind may be telling you it’s over, it’s too late, it’s never going to happen. You’ve got to realize that not all delays are denials. You may be thinking on how you can just survive, but God is thinking on how he can bless you and how you can thrive. You may be thinking of just a healing, but God is thinking of a resurrection. Always remember this my friend, His ways are always definitely higher than our ways. So just be it… and accept the fact that He is a good God!